Starting Small: Things You Need When Starting a Winery Business
While some choose to jump in with a large, complex setup for a winery, others choose to start small with only the necessities. The latter way is less costly when you have a tight budget than the first choice is since it requires a substantial investment. It is important to realise that you can create great tasting wine, whichever route you decide to take. We are here, though, to explain the following things that you need when starting a small winery business.
Prior to Purchasing Supplies and Equipment
Before you can completely set up your winery, you must perform the following:
• Analyse and understand the extent of your budget
• Buy or lease a location for your winery
• Receive your business licence and other pertinent permits
Decide on the Type of Wine That You Want to Make
To a certain extent, you will need to decide upon the kind of wine that you wish to make in your winery. We state this fact since sparkling wine requires different elements than other wine does, but this does not mean that you need to stick to just one type of wine forever.
Invest in Certain Pieces of Equipment
Now, it is time to invest in the necessary equipment pieces to assist you in your winemaking. Examples of these pieces include:
- An automated grape press such as the EUROPRESS TX1 100L TANK or the Europress Px9 900L Slotted
- A manual or automated bottle filler
- One carbonator if you are making sparkling wine
- Disgorging equipment such as Atlasm Disgorging Dosage Levelling Barida
- Bottle washer dryer such as the Stentz 2000
Order Your Winemaking Supplies
Along with equipment, you will need grapes as well as supplies. To fine tune the wine, some of the elements you will need to add during the process include:
- Yeast and nutrients to feed it for wine or sparkling wine
- Additives for malolactic fermentation
- Stability agents
- Acid adjusters
- Must treatment
- Wine analysis supplies
- Filtration elements
Select Packaging Elements
You will need packing supplies such as bottles, labels and corks or other closure options. Choose the bottles and closure options according to the type of wine you are making. Your labels should broadcast your brand in an effective, attractive fashion.
For further advice on how to start small with a winery business, consult Grapeworks Consumables. We will offer our suggestions to assist you with setting up your winery business, and we offer a wide assortment of winemaking equipment, machinery and supplies. The quality of our products will help you create delicious wines that will delight your customers’ palate.